Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Unexpected Fun

Another biggie post for you all - I was naughty and took the afternoon off and spent the day with my guys. My huz decided to work from home today, so this afternoon when he was finished we headed out for some fun.

I went to the gym solo today and a little later than usual (it was nice not having to rush out the door) - D hung out with Daddy in the office and some "work" of his own. Lunch today was a big salad - lettuce, carrots, summer squash, hummus, MGF dressing and a toasted piece of whole wheat bread.

I also mixed up cottage cheese with roasted acorn squash, an apple, Kashi GoLean and PB. Yes lots of fruit and veggies :)

I did a few things around the house while waiting for Charlie to finish working. Before we headed out I had a snack around 3:15 - 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, TJ's High Fiber cereal and apple butter.


Then it was on with the fun!!! We went bowling - D was soooo excited.



He pretty much chucks the ball down the lane.



More excitement waiting for the pins to drop. Can you see his feet are actually off the ground?



Daddy getting ready for his turn.



I really had a great time with my 2 favorite pals.


Since we were out we decided to get some dinner. We went to a Vietnamese Restaurant that serves healthy and delicious food. We have only dined there once but have wanted to go back because it was so great. They have a bunch of veggie dishes and they do not use MSG. I ordered the Vietnamese Chicken Salad - boiled chicken over a bed of shredded cabbage & carrots. It was pretty small - I was hoping to get the steamed spring rolls as well but they only offer them on Friday & Saturday nights.


So I ate D's veggies (broccoli, cabbage, carrots, snow peas) from his Soft Noodle Veggie Plate. He only wanted the noodles and I only wanted the veg so it worked out well. I definitely got my veggies today.



This was Charlie's dinner - Crispy fish with veggies and transparent noodles.



At home I mixed up what I was going to call dessert but now it's more like a snack because...



me and my honey had a few of these after D was asleep.



These are the best gummies - sooooo soft and fruity. We both agree that the lime isn't that great but the grapefruit flavor is awesome. This one is raspberry -mmmmmmm delish!!!!


So that was my day - an unexpected treat on a Tuesday. We had an awesome time - I am the luckiest mommy/wife. I really am thankful for the life that I have - I couldn't ask for anything more.
It's time for me to crawl into my nice warm bed. I am going to try to go to the gym at 5 AM - I have to babysit at 8:30. Which means my breakfast post will be a bit late tomorrow.
I hope you all had a great day. See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

misstiffie said...

OOO what a great day :] Where'd you get the jellies???... hehe I wanna try!! MMM now I want vietnamese food tomorrow nite :]

magpie said...

I love salads from Vietnamese restaurants - but only when they're huge! I like the shredded cabbage ones but also lotus root and papaya... So good :)

Sammie said...

misstiffie,
They are from Trader Joe's. Where do you go out for Vietnamese food?

Magpie,
This was a very small salad - believe me I would have liked one with more substance. I should find out if there is another good Vietnamese restaurant in our area.

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, hooray for such a fun day!! I haven't been bowling in years...

Erica said...

What a fun night? Love the picture of D jumping-tooooo cute! What a great family

Lee said...

that is such a cute post!!! ohhh i can't wait to be a mommy and a wife!

HeatherBakes said...

Fun day!! I love that photo of D jumping to watch the pins fall- too cute :) I want a kid to take bowling... Brian's too competitive!

kristi said...

How fun is that!!!! I miss being a kid!

~www.krittie.wordpress.com

Catherine said...

That is hilarious... I can't believe you were able to get a mid-air photo! Looks like a fun (and yummy) day!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

wow what a fab afternoon.

D looks so excited and happy! yay!