Thursday, October 16, 2008

TVP and Acorn Squash

Good evening blog friends. I am ready to put up my feet and read some Harry Potter. First I shall recap the remainder of my day for you all.
My afternoon snack was consumed around 3:30. I mixed cottage cheese a few tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce, Cinnamon Puffins and 1/2 a tablespoon of sunflower seed butter.

I bought an acorn squash at the store today - it was only like 69 cents!! I really need to buy better knives - I swear I almost lost a few fingers cutting this bad boy open. I also roasted a spaghetti squash (I will eat that tomorrow), more fingers almost severed in the process of cutting that guy too. Does anyone else find these things tough to cut or do I need to hit the weights a little harder???
I took 1/2 the roasted acorn squash and mashed it up then tossed in Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Crumbles - TVP is not bad. Sometimes soy will upset my tummy so I like to eat it at the end of the day - I would rather sleep off the yuck belly. So far I am ok - I feel a little gurgle action going on.

But that could also be from the salad that I ate along with it. Simple salad of baby romaine leaves, broccoli slaw, MGF dressing and a red. fat mozzarella cheese stick.

Yes, there is more food. I tried a new Arnold Select Sandwich Thin with Mighty Maple PB & Jelly on one half and SB & J on the other. I really like these little things - I can see myself making a mini pizza out of it too. It is like an English Muffin sans the nooks & crannies. At only 100 cals. not a bad little carby goodie and no HFCS : )

My in-laws came over for a visit tonight. They bought D a Star Wars Storm Trooper Costume - he is totally freaking out over it - he wanted to wear it to bed. I will get a good snap of him in it tomorrow so I can show you how bad ass he looks in it. He even has his own blaster!!! The kid has a billion costumes to wear - I hang out with someone new every 10 minutes. At least he has options for Halloween - I AM making him choose one - there will be no costume changes during trick or treating.
D and I had an evening snack together. He had Puffins and mommy mixed hers with some applesauce and a little Kashi H2H - yeah, I bought a new cereal today - now you will be seeing oodles of bowls with it.

I am cleaning the sister-in-law's house tomorrow so I'll be getting up before the sun to go to the gym. Time to get cozy in my PJ's. Have a great night ALL!! See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, acorn squash!! Fabulous!!

A Star Wars costume for D??? How cute!!! I soooo want to see photos, haha.

Have fun at your sister-in-law's tomorrow!! And enjoy your relaxing evening TONIGHT :0)

Lee said...

Hi Sammie! I have been checking out your blog for about 3 weeks now-and may I just say I think it's a wonderful thing you do!!! It's really fun and your personality shines through which draws the readers in-excellent work!

Sammie said...

Lee,
Thank you so much, always great to hear that people enjoy what I put out there.

misstiffie said...

Everyone's been eating acorn squash the past 24 hours. Must eat mine tonite too :] I loves it! I never have trouble cutting acorn squash but I hate cutting into spaghetti squash and getting it prepped. Sometimes I go overboard and buy the huge ones and they're a pain to get open. Trying microwaving it for 5 minutes first and then cutting it (stab it with a fork too) :]

Sammie said...

misstiffie,
Thanks for the tip, I would like to keep all my digits intact.