Friday, October 31, 2008

Successful Bowl of Oats

This morning I was up and out early to head to the gym - that is 4:43 AM on my clock. I ate half a banana before I left.

I was able to make oatmeal this morning without it soiling my microwave. It sure looked liked it was about to overflow after I mixed all my stuff into it. Here is what I came up with for a nice hearty breakfast - 1/4 cup oats cooked with water till very thick, then I added 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 2/3 cup Cinnamon Puffins and a tablespoon of peanut butter. I sure hope that says with me through the cleaning.

My father-in-law meets me over at my sister-in-law's house when I clean - he and D play the whole time. I will be making my usual stop at Trader Joe's afterward - I just love that place.
I am so excited to go trick-or-treating tonight. We are taking D out with Rocco, Mackenzie and Braydan - it should be a ton of fun.
Have an awesome morning - I'll be back after lunch.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Happy Halloween to you too! Have so much fun! Take pictures!

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!! Have a wonderful time today!! :0)

Simple and Divine said...

THAT BREAKFAST LOOKS AMAAAZING! <3 You're my fave and could EASILY give the blogger over at SimplyBreakfast a run for her $! Yeahhhhhhh gurl. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! We DEF need some pics of this one :)

seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) said...

i have a question about cooking oats in the microwave with cottage cheese-usually i like to use 1/2 c. dry oats. what are the other measurements I need for water, and cottage cheese and when I should perhaps add the cheese? thanks?!!!

Sammie said...

Lee,
I add the cottage cheese after the oats are cooked. If I use 1/4 cup oats then I use 1/2 cup water but if I use 1/2 cup oats I use 1 cup of water. I like my oats to be a bit on the thick side so I might also stick the bowl back in the microwave for a few extra minutes.