Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sailing on Sunday

Hello blogland - I hope your Sunday is just superb.
My morning "mess" was gorgeous - I love the vibrant crimson ribbon of Cranberry Apple Butter. I combined cottage cheese, pumpkin, Kashi GoLean, Cinnamon Puffins, PB and of course the lovely ruby red CBAB.
I let my tummy digest a bit - about an hour before I headed out for a run.

I had 6 miles in my head but something came over me while I was sailing away. With each stride I journeyed into my own world far away from the trials of my everyday life. I ended up running a fabulous 10 miles in 1 hour and 19 minutes. According to my BFF - Garmin Forerunner 305 - I burned a whopping 900 calories, yikes!!!
It was very chilly and windy out there today so I wore a knit hat and gloves. Of course once I was warmed up I really wanted to remove the hat but after sweating in the thing for half an hour my hat head would have been absolutely fab. What do you think - kind of scary??? Imagine seeing that running down the street - that's why I did not remove the hat. I kind of look spacey - my brain was just rattled for 10 miles, what do you expect.

After showering it was time to fill my belly. I really needed a feel good filler upper so I made this seriously messy "mess". It's TJ's Greek yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, Kashi Heart 2 Heart, Cinnamon Puffins and PB. Seriously great flavor and fuel!!!!

Due to the calorie burn I added a little something extra - a piece of swiss cheesy toast.

We are just chilling out right now - my huz is attempting to fix a co-workers computer and D & I are watching Oliver & Company. I think we will head out in the backyard later and play with the leaves. It may be chilly but the sun is shining brightly - mine as well get out and enjoy some fresh air.
Enjoy your day!!!

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

GORGEOUS "mess," indeed.

Haha, you don't look scary!! No worries!!

I love Oliver & Company!! Wow, I just realized that I haven't seen that film in YEARS. Miss it.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

Erin of Care to Eat said...

I think you look really beautiful! Content. Sweaty. Awesome!
Have a great afternoon. :)

Erica said...

Oh my gosh! That is awesome that you ran so long. I am with everyone else- you are gorgeous! And the sweat just makes you look strong! I made a sort of "mess" tonight and thought of you! Its not nearly as awesome as your messes though hehe. I may make some more it was so delicious!

runningwithfood.com said...

Love your mess! AWESOME run!!