Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oatmeal- not so Almond Lace Cookies

This afternoon we made COOKIES, yay!!! D was a huge help - I just love that he enjoys baking. We made Oatmeal-Almond Lace Cookies from Cooking Light Magazine except we left out the almonds. I was going to use a different nut so Charlie can eat them but D requested no nuts. The recipe is supposed to make 36 but I think I made mine really small because I got 47. They are the perfect size for my little man. The cookies are very chewy and oaty. They really have a Fallish appeal to them.


I sampled two - that is D and his transformer sprawled out on the floor.



My afternoon snack also included 1/2 cup greek yogurt, TJ's High Fiber Cereal and apple butter.


I was not feeling very creative for dinner this evening so please forgive me for the boring meal. The cookies will just have to be the excitement. I broiled a Dr. Praeger's sweet potato pancake - these are really yummy.



And I made a very messy bowl of greek yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, Cinnamon Puffins, cranberry apple butter and sunflower seed butter. This is like dinner/dessert all in one - it was just what I really needed - quick, easy and delicious.


D and daddy are having a Smash Bros. battle before he hits the hay. My plan is to crawl into my nice heated bed, read and try to turn the lights off early. I'm getting up at 4:30 so I really need to get my sleep.
I hope you all had a great day. I will see you bright and early tomorrow.



4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Loooovely cookies, sweet potato pancake, and mess. Yum!

Have a great evening, Sammie!

Lee (seeleelive) said...

right with ya, veggie girl

Erica said...

mmm cookies look good! I hope my future kid likes baking too :) We have to try the sweet potato variety- we've had the spinach and broccoli- both of which are very good (especially the broccoli!!)

magpie said...

Cookies look realllllly good. Have a good night! Happy Halloween :D