Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No bread Sandwich

For lunch today I went with a turkey, cheese & tomato sandwich - obviously I left out the bread.

I decided to have my grains in the form of wild & whole grain brown rice. Also in the bowl was cottage cheese, a pear, summer squash and sunflower seed butter.

This is what's going on outside my house - yes, that is the end of my driveway.

My workout was good today - I mixed it up a bit. I started with the elliptical w/handles (20 min.) Then I ran 3 miles (23:52 was my time) and cooled down on the Stairmaster (20 min).
Since it is raining D will be getting together with his friend on Friday - the weather is supposed to be much nicer.
Have a great afternoon.

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for a delicious, varied lunch and a great workout.

Yep, looks the saaaaame way outside here today as well :0(

Charlie said...

Argh! Now everyone can see how lousy my lawn looks!

It's actually sunny here at work. Too bad it's 50 miles away.

hk said...

oooyy, rain rain go away!!

Sammie said...

Oh honey don't worry , I still love you!!! Look, you get to park in a puddle of mud tonight :)

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

funny that it is raining that hard when the sun came out in little rhodey. we are so close, yet so far away!

question: would you mind sharing the brands of yogurt and milk that you eat?

Sammie said...

Sabrina,
I don't really use milk, I drink my coffee and tea black. Any milk I do use has to say "made without hormones". I always buy Stoneyfield Farm Organic FF Plain yogurt or Whole Foods brand FF Plain Yogurt. I can also buy Trader Joe's yogurt & Greek yogurt - they use hormone free dairy. I often buy Chobani FF Plain yogurt because I did research on their yogurt & it too is made with hormone free dairy. I usually buy Kraft 2% cheese - again hormone free. Why do you ask - just curious?

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

I ask because I would like to start consuming only hormone free milk, and I realize it is waaaaayyyyy easier said than done. I will still enjoy the occasional ice cream without thinking about it, but would like my daily staples (mostly yogurt, sometimes milk when baking) to be hormone free.

thanks for letting me know!

s

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

sammie- thank you so much for your help! that is good to know about WF. I am slowly trying to get my fiance into my health kicks too so hopefully if I just tell him to shop at WF he should be ok, for the most part, I hope!

coco said...

Hi, i'm just wondering how do you have your summer squash? raw or grilled?

btw, i like your blog a lot!!!

Sammie said...

coco,
I usually eat it raw.