Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Handymen

It was so nice to just hang out at home today. My guys broke out the tools and fixed our leaky bathroom faucet. D was excited to be using "big boy toys". Thanks guys!! Don't I have the cutest handymen?

This afternoon I snacked on an apple and ...

cottage cheese topped with GoLean and homemade granola - more on that in a sec.

I was in the mood for a salad for dinner - I pretty much added whatever veg I have on hand. It contained romaine lettuce, carrots, acorn squash, original hummus, salsa drizzled over the top instead of dressing and a TJ's low carb whole wheat wrap.

After dinner me and my guys (Otto too), went for a nice 45 minutes walk. It was a tad bit chilly - thankfully we dressed appropriately. D really enjoying running through all the crunchy leaves. When we got home it was snack time - I joined my family with a concoction that contained greek yogurt, a few Cinnamon Puffins, some flakes from Charlie's new box of cereal (not that great), frozen mango chunks, PB and a little homemade granola. Well unfortunately the granola I made today is a bit flavorless. I used oats, applesauce, honey, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & clove - obviously not enough sweetness. I didn't finish this because I decided that me and the granola are just not going to work out. It rests in peace in the trash :( Oh well - I tried.

I am on page 500 in my book - getting closer to the end. I am loving it!! Tomorrow is definitely a run day - thoroughly looking forward to a good 6 miler. I am going to sleep until my body feels rested enough to rise or a certain little person wakes me up. After breakfast settles in my tummy I will hit the pavement.
I hope you all had a great day - enjoy the evening. See you in the morning.

4 comments:

Erin of Care to Eat said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE it. I've heard about your mess bowls lately and I can't wait to read more about them! :)

runningwithfood.com said...

Bummer your granola didn't work out! Your salad sounds fantastic though!! Enjoy your morning run!

magpie said...

Too bad about the granola! The acorn squash on the salad looks great though :)

VeggieGirl said...

So nice that you got to spend the day with D and your husband!! Fabulous!!

Too bad about the granola :0( Better luck next time!!

Happy Sunday!!!