Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mr. Social

D had another afternoon playing with one of his buddies. He & his friend Ethan have been pals since they were wee ones. I met E's mom at the gym - she was the other preggie on the treadmill. They play so well together - let's just say D will sleep good tonight : )

Lunch today was a little of this and that - I couldn't decide what I wanted.
I started with rolled up roasted turkey & a whole wheat mini pita with sunflower seed butter and TJ's Reduced sugar Blueberry Preserves.

Then I had a mix of TJ's Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin (a soft veggie that is easy to digest - that's why you are seeing lots of it), unsweetened applesauce, a sprinkle of TJ's High Fiber cereal and a Blueberry Z Bar. I know it sounds crazy but it was delicious - at least to my tummy. So, yes I am eating a lot of pumpkin because I am trying to get my system back on track and it seems to be the one veggie option that does not cause me intestinal issues.

My afternoon snack was 1/2 cup Stonyfield Farm FF plain yogurt and a Kashi PB Chewy granola bar.

There are lots of leftovers for my huz to eat tonight (mac&cheese and chicken), so I think that he is all set. I am hoping that the D man will eat some smoked salmon - watch this be the 1st time he rejects it. As for my dinner, I am not really sure what to whip up - maybe eggy weggs????? I'll be back later to report. Whatever you are planning I hope it is delish!!!

5 comments:

Simple and Divine said...

That Yogurt mix sounds AMAZING! Oh and guess who received some A.MAAAZING Kardea bars in the mail??? Yours truly! There are NO words, Sam... They are the best bars I've ever had and I am ordering a box, STAT! I didn't get to try the Lemon one... They sent me two bananas (my FAVE! And I used to be a banana hater... No more. And they didn't upset my tum! I'm allergic to whole bananas, or at least I used to be!), I also got the cranberry and chai ones! My hands turned orange from eating too much Pumpkin tho! So DEF be careful!

Sammie said...

I am glad you like the Kardea bars - I thought they all were yummy. I know about the skin turning orange - thank goodness I have not yet. It wouldn't surprise me thought :)

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for playdates and MORE delicious food :0)

carolyn said...

maybe I should try the pumpkin trick..I think that veggies are giving me intestinal problems also. But my question is when you say "treadmill hill climb", do you run while doing it, or walk?

Sammie said...

carolyn,
i was walking.