Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's a Parade

Wow, another fun filled day - Halloween has already started for us. We got invited to go to a Halloween parade this afternoon - my sissy and niece walked in it.
Let me start with my morning. For breakfast I made a "mess" with yogurt, roasted/mashed acorn squash, banana, Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, Cinnamon Puffins, cranberry apple butter and PB.
I went out for a run - a nice 6 miler followed by a one mile walk. It was so warm out there this morning - 60's, yeah!!!

Lunch was a quickie so we could make it to the parade on time - last minute planning.
I started with whole wheat swiss cheesy toast.

Then I mixed up cottage cheese, pumpkin, apple sauce, TJ's High Fiber cereal, Cinnamon Puffins and Sunbutter.

The parade was great and the boys had a blast. They scored some serious loot - let's just say we don't need to go trick-or-treating, but of course we will :)

Here are some pictures of the parade.

My sissy (she is the one pulling the wagon) and my niece.

Of course D wore his Commander Cody costume and Rocco dressed up as Anakin Skywalker.

After the parade we all carved pumpkins.

I really got into my work. For an afternoon snack I ate an apple and a Kashi Roll bar (this thing was super chewy).

My finished product - I picked the pumpkin that looked mangled and it's stem was all crazy (kind of looks like hair). It is actually oozing near the eye which makes it even more gross.

Daddy and D did a joint creation. He's sticking his tongue out at you :)

For dinner I had a Dr. Praeger's veggie burger with hummus over a bed of baby spinach.

I also mixed 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, Kashi GoLean, cranberry apple butter and sunflower seed butter (I finally got a new jar of my favorite brand - I was using the Huz jar - I like mine way more).
For dessert I had a sampling of a couple frosty treats - I mine as well take advantage of the warm weather. This flavor was awesome!!!

And mixed with this - double delish!!!! This frozen yogurt is so creamy. I am sure my little guy is going to want to dig a spoon into this stuff.

There you have another monster post - I am now going to call it a day.
I hope your weekend was great. See you in the morning.

2 comments:

magpie said...

Your pumpkin is great! I bought a pumpkin for Bobby (the bf) to carve because get this - he's never carved a pumpkin before! I guess growing up in Miami could do that to a guy ;)

Have a great night!

Sammie said...

Magpie,
Oh boy, he sure has missed out - good thing you got him one. I hope he enjoys himself - it's messy but soooo much fun :)