Thursday, October 30, 2008

Explosive Oatmeal

I almost had oatmeal in my mess this morning but while cooking in the microwave it exploded all over the bowl. That is what happens when I make my breakfast and attend to D at the same time. I didn't feel like starting over again so I just went with ingredients that I knew would stay inside the bowl.
I mixed 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/2 a banana, Kashi Heart 2 Heart, Cinnamon Puffins and a tablespoon PB. This bowl is sure to please my palate.

I am sipping on a delicious cup of Raspberry Truffle tea - this has become a favorite of mine. I really love Chai tea but this flavor is so smooth and the smell is amazing.
Time to enjoy my goodies and then get the day started. See you all later.
HAPPY THURSDAY!!! Tomorrow is Halloween, YAY!! I can't wait to go Trick-or-Treating, another bonus to having a child.

What are your plans for Halloween?


5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Haha, so the oatmeal was a REAL mess this morning!! ;-)

Plans for Halloween = watching horror films and celebrating both my brother's and sister-in-law's birthdays!

HeatherBakes said...

Oh no! I've had to clean oats out of my microwave MANY times. Annoying.

Halloween plans- I'm going to make chili and then just hand out candy. I can't wait to have a kid so we can trick or treat again :) Have fun!

seeleelive said...

I want a child. Perfect excuse for dresing up as an adult, walking around town , admiring others' costumes and getting candy! such a special time of year-I LOVE AMERICA! and your bfast looks MOUTHWATERING.

Sarah said...

Thanks to you, I put a paper plate over my bowl of pumpkin oats in the microwave this morning!

I'm taking "Wonder Woman" and "Tinkerbell" to a party, to run errands, and of course trick-or-treating tomorrow.

How do you ration candy with your son? After a few pieces, the "treat fairy" comes to our house and trades our girls a new toy or book for their loot!

Sammie said...

Sarah,
I make my huz take about half the loot to work. D is really good about not over doing it - probably because he is a healthy eater.