Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cutting Back

Oh how I love my veggies, but they sure do not love my tummy. I ate WAY to much vegetable matter yesterday and I am paying for it today. I should have stopped once I had that salad for lunch - add all the veg from dinner and I pushed it to the limit. So just a warning to you all, my food today will probably not contain that much veg, I need to cut back for a little while.
My breakfast mess was cottage cheese, pumpkin (a veg that is much easier to digest), a banana, Kashi Heart 2 Heart, Cinnamon Puffins, apple butter and sunflower seed butter. A bowl of pure pleasure!

The babysitting went well today. I felt so bad for this little boy - not sure his age, I will guess a year - he wanted me to carry him around, if I put him down he would cry. I think he has a tooth poking through and he kept yawning so I bet he was tired on top of the gum pain. My guy really didn't like that I was holding a baby. He kept telling me to put him down - I knew this would happen. D got over it once I smothered him with TONS of kisses.
He just had his lunch - smoked salmon, organic vanilla yogurt drizzled with maple syrup and a Fudgsicle - I have to let him have some treats. He didn't sleep very well last night - he has been complaining that he is tired. After eating he went up to his room to lay down. I bet I'll find him snoozing. It is just about lunch time for me - obviously not a salad. I hope your day is going well.
I will post lunch in a little while.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

So sorry about your stomach :0( Hope you're feeling better!! And kudos to you for comforting that kid at babysitting!! :0)

polly said...

Sammie,
I totally understand the veggie thing! I hope you feel better today. I too, cannot overdo the veggies, maybe one two a day at the most. My tummy is extra sensitive and I'm in pain if I don't follow that rule. I also do worse with certain ones like broccoli or raw anything except simple green salad.

Do you have other tummy issues with fruit or certain veggies?

Keep smooching that D... cutie pie he is.

magpie said...

that happens to me too. my love of veggies outweighs the fact that I know I will feel bad if I eat too many of them... but I try to keep it in check ;)