Monday, October 6, 2008

Comforting Flavor

I decided to go with the Mac & Cheese thing and I am so glad that I did. It has been a long time since I have had it - I ate it so much when I was pregers (it was the only thing that I could eat for the first 3 months), that I couldn't look at the stuff for a while.
My cheesy goodness tasted so delicious with roasted chicken breast and a medley of roasted veggies - red peppers, carrots & summer squash.

For my huz I made oven fried chicken chunks. Start by cutting boneless skinless chicken breast into chunks then covering them in one lightly beaten egg (in a bowl). Take a zipper bag and dump in some panko crumbs, cumin, paprika, chili powder, dried thyme, turmeric and salt. Add the chicken to the crumbs and tossed to coat. Line a sheet pan with foil and lightly spread some olive oil over the foil. Place the chicken in a single layer on the pan, then spray with cooking pray and bake at 400 degrees until browned and crispy. My honey really enjoyed his chicken with a baked potato and a small salad.

For dessert I mixed canned pumpkin with unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon.

I also had a mini whole wheat bagel with sunflower seed butter.

I am pretty tired so I think it is time for bed. Goodnight.

1 comment:

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for comfort foods!! :00

Hope you had a good night!!