Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cha, cha, cha, Chia

My husband informed me today that the chia seeds I am eating are used to make Chia Pets. Kind of strange - that did not stop me from adding them to my "mess" this morning.
I started by combining pumpkin, unsweetened applesauce and the chia seeds - I let that sit for a few minutes so the seeds could do their "thing". Then I added cottage cheese, Cinnamon Puffins, Kashi GoLean and PB. The seeds are pretty cool - they do this popping thing when you bite into them - yet a new texture goody.

It is just another ordinary day here - heading to the gym, chilling with D then icing the carrot cake. I will post pictures later - I am hoping that it will be a beauty. The cake is already the "talk" amongst the co-workers - I must not disappoint them.
I hope you have a great day.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I tried chia seeds once, and did NOT like them at all :0( Maybe I should give them another shot??

I cannot WAIT to see the carrot cake!!!

Happy Tuesday!!

HeatherBakes said...

Chia seeds, eh? They kind of look like poppy seeds in your other photo- do they taste similar?

Good luck with the carrot cake!! Photos, please :)

Erica said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of the cake! Hows the new job going? I still think you should teach classes, you would love it!

Sammie said...

Heather,
I really haven't gotten much of a flavor from the seeds. They get kind of soft when mixed with liquid so not really that similar to poppy seeds.

Erica,
I start babysitting tomorrow - I only "work" one day a week and Wed. is my day. I am still planning on teaching Turbo - I just needs some "me" time to focus on the test.

Lee said...

I think that dinner looks nice and balanced..i miss my own toaster oven! Oh..the limits college puts on my meals...hahah :-)