Friday, September 5, 2008

Wiped out

Another crazy day here - I am wiped out!! I am definitely going to bed early - by that I mean like as soon as I am done here. I feel like an old lady but today was such a busy day and I have been awake since 3:45AM.
Here is a quick recap of the food that got me through this lovely Friday.
For lunch I mixed TJ's Greek yogurt with a packet of Kashi Heart to Heart Maple oats - I let this mix chill all morning and it was awesome by the time I got around to eating it - almost 1 o'clock - yikes!!! I was so busy cleaning and I wanted to get done so I did not stop to eat - yes, I know, not a good thing.
I also had carrots & tomatoes for some veg.

Then, I cracked open one of the best flavors of Larabar - Banana Cookie. It was like I was eating a delicious piece of homemade banana bread, yum!!!

For dinner I had more tomatoes & summer squash, then I drizzled some balsamic over the top. I made Cheese Crisps for the first time tonight. Thanks to Gliding Calm for the idea. I made them by placing 1/4 cup worth of shredded cheese on a plate that I sprayed with nonstick spray, then I microwaved it for 60 sec. They are so crispy and delicious, kind of like a cheesy chip - but better :)

Along with that I had 2 pieces of Ezekiel Bread which I spread one with AB. On the side is a cut up apple.

For dessert this evening I had a TJ's Caribbean fruit floes icy treat - cool and refreshing. There are actual fruit chunks in these things and small flecks of coconut - not your average pop!!

I heard that we are going to be getting pretty nasty weather this weekend - oh joy! That probably means I will not be able to enjoy a run with Mother Nature - good old treadmill here I come. I will just have to wait and see what it is like in the AM.
I hope you all have a great evening. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

LARABAR!!! :0)

Bad weather here as well :0( Hang in there!! And get enough rest - you deserve it!!

sportsnutritionliving said...

Ohh those fruit bars from TJs look yummy I will def have to try those.. sometimes at night i wish i had bars ike that because they are quick and easy and satisfy th sweet tooth!

mangotriathlete said...

Our weather is supposed to be lousy too. Guess no outdoor swim for me with all the lightning - boo.

Dinner looks really good with the Ezekiel (I'm addicted). I've got to try that cheese crisps recipe - finally found good melty non-dairy cheese, so it should work I'd think...

P.S. on going to bed early - I'm the same I guess! Up at 3.30 or 4am most days means a very early bedtime