Thursday, September 4, 2008

We Went for a Hike

Sorry for the delayed post. We had a little change of plans today - we went for a hike instead of going to the gym. My sissy, Rocco, Sonic and I hit the trails this afternoon for a little wilderness adventure. It was a very warm day and we worked up quite a sweat.
I packed a lunch - tofu, tomatoes and squash with jalapeƱo mustard, a Kashi granola bar & a Kardea Chai Spice bar. The chai flavor was perfect - I am totally loving these bars.

Here are the boys trucking along the trail.

D posing with an acorn he picked up along the way.
Once we got back to my sis's house I grabbed a few handfuls of grape tomatoes for a snack - so sweet and delicious. She has really gotten a ton of wonderful tomatoes from her garden this summer and I am lucky to be enjoying them. : )

I am waiting for Charlie to get home so I can go for a run. I am having a pre-run meal: mini whole wheat pita, banana and Sunflower seed butter. I am also going to have a Luna Bar.
When I get back I will probably crack open the new TJ's Greek style yogurt and add a little crunch to it. I will snap a shot and post later. See you all then.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

What a great hike and day you've had!

*Erica* said...

Yay for outside sweat and exercise! It's nice to change it up once in a while, huh?! I wish we lived close to my nephew. He's turning one at the end of the month..."I miss you, Ethan!" Looks like a great day!