Monday, September 29, 2008

That's not Nail Polish

Weird title, I know, but I will explain in a moment.
This afternoon I snacked on a Z Bar but I mixed it ..........

with some TJ's Greek yogurt. This was my first time trying chocolate and greek yogurt - so delish, what took me so long.

For dinner I roasted onion, red pepper and a small potato with a teaspoon of olive oil and curry powder. Once out of the oven, I topped it with a little shredder cheddar cheese.

I also had Ezekiel bread, a small banana and a tablespoon of sunflower seed butter.

My honey had a feast - roasted chicken that I rubbed with a curry powder & sunflower oil paste, roasted beets and sauteed beet greens.
He had to run to CVS tonight so I asked him to bring me back nail polish. He gave me a funny look - I was serious. I told him to pick out a color - anything but yellow.

Well he was a little embarrassed so instead he came home with this.

That's right, he bought me a hormone free frozen treat from Whole Foods, NOT nail polish. He and D had been eating their desserts but mommy couldn't indulge with them - they contained dairy that might infect my face with evil beings. I think he felt bad and I did make him a kick a** dinner.
In that bowl is not 1 but 2 flavas - B&J's Banana Split (I normally don't eat reg. ice cream but it has been so long and this is hormone free so I said what the hell, go for it girl) and Sweet Scoops Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt. Yes, they tasted awesome together. If you haven't tried pumpkin with chocolate - you must. I know a certain little man who is going to go crazy for the Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt - maybe another movie moment : )
I hope that everyone had a great beginning to their week. Time to call it a night. See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous eats!!

HAHA!! Hey, at least the trade-off for the nail polish was a delicious frozen treat!! :0)

Megan said...

Wow I wish my soon to be hubby would get me icecream instead of nail polish :-D your one lucky lady!! I will have to try that pumpkin icecream the next time I get to Wholefoods.

Gina said...

PUMPKIN!!! ooooh!
wow, i'll take ice cream over nail polish ANY DAY!

Amanda said...

both your meal and your husband's look delish!!! just wondering why you cook 2 separate things and don't eat that healthy-looking feast that you made for him?? not trying to be rude but i am seriously just curious :)

hk said...

oooo!! pumpkin fro-yo! heave :)

Sammie said...

Amanda,
Chicken just has not been appealing to me lately and I never eat meat off a bone or with skin - totally wigs me out. I am not crazy about beets. That's the reason for my separate meal - I don't mind making him food that he likes even though I don't.