Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sonic needed eats

Well I was up VERY early again this morning because the little man needed to eat. He kept bugging me to get up and feed him so I figured he was really hungry.
Once I was awake I needed to feed myself - the tummy was talking. I had some oat bran & yogurt that had been hanging out together all night in the fridge. I also tossed in 2 Weetabix biscuits and a dollop of almond butter. Mind you this was at 5 AM.

By the time I was getting ready to go to the gym - 7 AM - I needed a little snack. I had a Lemon Ginger Kardea bar - these bars are really becoming a favorite of mine. This was the 3rd flavor that I have tried and I love them all. The flavor was delicious - I was anticipating the lemon to be over powering but it was a perfect balance between sweet & tangy. I really wish these bars were in stores but hopefully by the end of the year WF will be carrying them. I wonder if the stores take requests??? I guess something for me to look into.

I was not hungry right away when I returned home, so I cleaned up and did some chores around the house - laundry (that seems to never end) & dishes. While I was puttering around my house I sipped on some tea (Chai Spice from a tea bag - not the liquid) and I did add a splash of milk.
I am actually still working on this cup of tea as I type away - I am quite enjoying it.

A little while ago I did stop and get a small bowl of veggies to munch on while working on this post. I am thinking an early lunch will be in order today.

We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon so we will be heading out for some kiddie fun. The birthday boy is my niece's brother, he is turning two. My sissy & her ex are still friendly - makes life much easier.
I hope that you all have a great Saturday. See you later.

9 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Looks like a great way to satisfy a growling tummy! :0) Wow, I haven't used the word "tummy" in years, haha! Just realized that...

Okay, ANYWAYS....

Have fun at the birthday party!!

Fitnessista said...

that breakfast always looks soooo good!

have fun at the b-day party!!!

happy saturday :D

Sammie said...

VG,
Once I became a mommy, tummy quickly entered my everyday vocab. :)

Gina,
I love to start my day with yogurt but I need something to mix into it. I really have found that combo quite satisfying.

Erica said...

Have fun at the party. Hopefully there will be good eats there! I can't believe you were up so early-yuck!

*Erica* said...

Yet another early morning for us, huh?!

Sounds like today is THE day to have a birthday party! Have fun!!

sportsnutritionliving said...

When i get up at like 5 I have no appetitie to eat and I know it is not good but I just workout that way and take something with me incase I get hungry during the workout

mangotriathlete said...

Have fun today! I love reading about how much time you can spend with yor sister - you are lucky!
Funny about your little Sonic's appetite, that has happened to me even as as adult. A couple weeks ago I woke up at 3.30am SO HUNGRY I couldn't sleep... a banana w/PB and then I was out again, snoozing away :-D

shawna said...

New reader here! Love your blog and I've been reading your past entries. I'm also in MA - where have you found Chobani?

Hope you have a great Sunday - this sunshine was unexpected, wasn't it?

Sammie said...

Shawna,
I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning.
I can get Chobani at Stop & Shop, but I also bought it at Big Y on RT. 1 before. I hope you have luck locating some - it is awesome.