Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Road Racer

Good morning!
I had my bowl of deliciousness this morning, only I cut down on the oat bran and added a little more almond butter. I like to play around with the portions - lets hope this stays with me as well as my other combo. I restocked my supply of plain yogurt while I was shopping at TJ's yesterday - 2 large containers of Organic Non-fat Plain & a container of TJ's 2% Greek Style Yogurt. I used to buy the non-fat Greek style but they have not had it the last few times I was there, so I am going to try the 2%. I will let you know how it is when I do.

I am really giving a lot of thought to running a road race. I have yet to compete in one and the idea has been buzzing in my head a lot lately. I have a calendar that lists a bunch of races in my area, so I was thinking that I might just pick one and give it a shot. My huz has been telling me for years that I should race but I really just run because I love it. I didn't want to start training for something and then start to feel like running was a chore. I'll keep you posted.

Sonic & I will be going to the gym this morning - he is still requesting that I refer to him as Sonic. I am looking forward to my run today. I took yesterday off from running - something I am finding very difficult to do lately, my legs just want to go!! I am not sure what we will do the rest of the day - it is looking like another beautiful one. Enjoy your morning!!

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

The road race sounds like it would be fun - do it!!! :0)

Happy Tuesday!!

hk said...

Sammie- I am looking for a nearby road race (boston/chestnut hill area)...I would totally love a partner?

email me if you're interested!!

Sammie said...

hk,
I am unable to view your site, it is for invited guests only. What kind of a race are you looking to participate in? I was thinking a 15K.

HeatherBakes said...

You should definitely run a road race!! I understand what you mean about not turning running into a chore, but if you signed up for a shorter race- 10K or so- then you probably wouldn't need to deviate from your normal routine (since you run a lot already). Races are so much fun!

Hope you have a great day :)

runroamrecycle said...

Sammie & HK - the Ollie race is September 6th.. I don't know if it's too late to sign up for that. I was considering doing it, but it's two days after I move out to Boston, and I was thinking I'd have tons of stuff to be doing that first week.

I MOVE THURSDAY!!!

hk said...

invited guests only?? weird, i don't know how that happened...I'm up for any distance, sounds fun!! I'd love a partner :)

hopekrause@gmail.com

*Erica* said...

I highly recommend a road race. I have done several 10Ks, 5Ks, and one half-marathon...love it! The half was a difficult one to train for because of my hubby's schedule, kids' schedule, and trying to find the time to get all the runs in, but the shorter races were a ball and had a "no pressure" aspect to it. I pretty much do them for fun and to get out and exercise! Start with a small one like a 10K or something, I bet you'd like it! Plus, it's just something different to do!