Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Pow of Flavor

Hello blogland!
I hope your Saturday is going well. It is still rainy here - yuck! I went to the gym solo this morning - D & Daddy stayed home and watched Power Rangers. Before I left I had a new "mess" ingredient - 365 Organic Peanut Butter Pows - my new favorite cereal : )
I was debating between PB Puffins and these - so glad I opted for the Pows. I love Puffins but the PB flavor of this cereal is incredible - I am thinking about my afternoon snack already - I think the Pows just might have to make a second appearance today.
The concoction for breakfast today was plain nonfat yogurt, canned pumpkin, Kashi GoLean and PB Pows - delish!

For lunch I cooked some Lotus Foods Jade Pearl Rice and let it chill in the fridge for a while.

I added it to my plate of carrots, zucchini, apple, cottage cheese and sunflower seed butter. This is my first time trying this rice - I am usually a brown rice girl but I really liked the nutrition facts of this one. It has 10 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein per 1/4 cup (which is what I cooked). It gets the green hue from bamboo which makes it rich in chlorophyll. I like having another grain option - I will be making this quite often.

I'm going to finish my lunch while I read up on my fav. bloggers. Enjoy the day. See you later.

1 comment:

Simple and Divine said...

HOLY CAMOLY! What FANTASTIC Nutritionals, indeed! And the Chlorophyll addition is so cool! Enjoyyy :)