Thursday, September 25, 2008

Overstuffed Omelet

I managed to get a few loads of laundry washed, dried and folded - the putting away part comes later. Well, I did put the towels away, no excuse when I was folding them two steps away from their home. D and I played on Sesame Workshop, PBSkids.org and Webkinz - they have tons of educational games that he really enjoys playing. He really only needs minimal help surfing the sites - he has become quite the little computer geek - just like daddy : ) We did move on to playing with Legos for a little while - one of my favorite activities. I did manage to sneak in a snack - TJ's Greek Yogurt, Kashi GoLean and sunflower seed butter.

For dinner I made on overstuffed omelet - 2 egg white, 1 whole egg, broccoli, tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.

For dessert I made a little concoction out of some chilled polenta I made today. I cooked 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill polenta with 3/4 cup water, threw it in a bowl and then the fridge. To serve, I mixed in a banana - simple yet very delish. I know it sounds a bit odd - but it was good.

I just made myself a cup of Blueberry Tea - Celestial Seasonings brand. I have a date with HP - I am making good progress.
See you in the morning.
Warning:
I am really looking forward to the pumpkin pie "mess" so don't be disappointed if I repeat todays b-fast. I know I am so boring in the morning - please forgive me. I get very excited by for my AM yummies (I am a simple person). It is my fav. meal of the day - such a sweet, creamy and satisfying way to start my day.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Those eggs look wayy yummy. I haven't been hungry at all tonight but those look sooooo good...I may be just cooking up some more eggs! I'm glad you've found fun educational games. That is so important for kids!

hk said...

LOVE LOVE luurrrve! the mess :)

what are your proportions for this amazing mixture again? I keep meaning to write it down, but I always forget. I'm eager to make it just like you, the pictures and your love for it get reallly into making this for a filing breakfast! (or lunch or dinner, for that matter!)

Sammie said...

hk,
I use 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin or a banana, 1 cup Kashi GoLean, 3/4 cup Puffins, (if I use Weetabix I use 1 biscuit) and a tablespoon sunflower seed butter. I try to start the day with at about 500 calories - if I have less I am starving during my workout.
Enjoy!

Sammie said...

hk,
I use nonfat plain yogurt only - I am not a fan of the flavored kind.

shawna said...

Your omelet looks so delicious!!!