Friday, September 5, 2008

Oats with an Egg on top

After a great workout I thought I would try a bowl of savory oats. Here is the low down: 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked in the microwave with 1 cup water then topped with a Boca burger, shredded cheese and a cooked egg that I sprinkled with a tad bit more cheese.

I am very pleased with the outcome - I could actually see myself eating this combo for dinner. Thanks to all my fellow bloggers who have been posting this combo lately - I would have never tried it out if it were not for you guys.
I am heading out to clean my sister-in-law's house this morning so I am not sure what time I will be posting this afternoon. I hope you all have a great Friday.

Question of the day:

Have you started bringing the reusable shopping bags with you when you go to the grocery store?

I have now accumulated 6 bags which includes 1 insulated bag and I love them.

7 comments:

*Erica* said...

Savory Oats...I've been seeing this combination a lot, too. I'll have to try it. Cleaning your sil's house, huh? What a woman! Sounds like you have a busy Friday planned.

I have yet to buy any of the reuseable shopping bags. I need to. Every time I make a WalMart run, though, it's HUGE! I would need like, 50 of those bags! I can't imagine taking a huge bag of bags into the store w/ me when I go. It is that what everybody else does?? I'd be curious to find out. But I guess I should get some for my smaller, daily runs! I'm headed out today, so maybe I'll pick a couple up!

Sammie said...

Erica,
I use the bags for all kinds of things. They are so roomy and very durable. I am using one today to transport all my junk. Have a great Friday.

PS said...

Yes, I bought 5 good sized reusable bags and bring them to the store every week. I'm still bad about forgetting them if I just run into a store for one or two things (vs. weekly shopping), but I'm getting better. I even remembered to bring one to Target yesterday. :)

~PS

VeggieGirl said...

I've been bringing reusable shopping bags to the grocery store (WHOLE FOODS!! My second home, haha) since before they were "in style" - I have 10 of them, haha! :0)

HeatherBakes said...

Now I definitely need to try the savory oats! Yours look really good.

I have a bunch of the reusable bags at home, but I never can remember to bring them to the store... maybe I should just start storing them in the car?

Happy Friday :)

mangotriathlete said...

Ack! I wrote a long comment and the site ate it! I'll try again.

I've been using cloth/sturdy canvas bags for over 15 years, since I was a small child. My parents grew up never knowing the plastic/paper kind, so they always used cloth and it seems normal to me. I use them on all kinds of shopping trips, food and non-food.

I love them because they are so versitile and can hold much more than the others it seems, so its easier to transport (especially on foot/bike). I keep 3 or 4 in my car for unexpected trips, and the rest in my pantry closet for the big planned trips. Works great!

I've noticed more and more food stores selling their own logo-ed cloth bags at the store itself for customers who forget theirs or want to start using cloth.

ttfn300 said...

I need to make me some savory oats!! yours look great :) and yup, I don't go to the store w/o my bags--much easier to carry in the city!