Thursday, September 25, 2008

The never ENDING pile

I swear to you I am forever doing laundry. I of course threw a load in the wash yesterday but then went out for the afternoon and it stayed there all night, ugh. I just went downstairs (our washer & dryer are in the basement) and I was greeted by heaping loads of dirty clothes. I really thought that I had caught up - yeah, well then 2 days go by and the piles are BACK. I guess I know what I am doing this afternoon. Sorry Honey you will have oodles of clothes to put away tonight. That's right, I wash his clothes but he puts them away - he is a goodie like that.
Lunch today was an "everything but the" platter. I was in the mood for a bunch of things so I threw them all on one plate and called it delish!!!! Here is a rundown of what was in that monstrosity:
lettuce
summer squash & zucchini
baby carrots
cherry tomatoes (red & yellow - from my sissy)
a fabulously juicy apple (from my picking stash)
cooked & chilled brown rice
cottage cheese
almonds
TJ's Chipotle Pepper Hummus

It was absolutely scrumptious - I ate every bite!

Well I am going to continue with my laundry extravaganza and try to entertain my child in the process. What to do, what to do???
Have a great afternoon, I'll see you after my little man has drifted off to dreamland.

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Looooove that massive platter!!

Good luck with laundry and entertaining D! :0)

Fitnessista said...

that is one mountain of delicious eats!!
good luck w the laundry!

Sammie said...

Gina,
That mountain was DELISH!!!

shawna said...

YUM! That looks like a delicious lunch!

What's up with the cold brown rice? Just curious if you prefer it this way or if there's another reason.

Sammie said...

Shawna,
Cold grains are resistant starches. I posted about them a little while ago with a link to an article that described the benefits of eating certain grains & starchy veggies cooked then chilled. I actually really like to eat the rice cold - it is chewy and I am a kind of a texture freak when it comes to my food.

shawna said...

Interesting - I'm off to find your post ;)