Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Aching Back

At least I only have one more to go - poster that is. Bending over my dining room table this afternoon and again this evening has lead to serious back pain - my hamstrings are feeling a bit achy too. I had to stop painting for a little while and get out of the house. I took D out on his bike; the only problem is we live on a very busy street so I had him ride down to a nearby cul-de-sac. Of course he had to get off and make me pull it around so "Sonic" could run for a little while - that was also great for my back. We were out for over an hour which was much needed. Before we went out I had some TJ's 0% Greek yogurt and the biggest honeycrisp apple from my stash - this apple was the size of a softball and it was delicious.
We met the sweetest old lady today - her name is Sigrid and when she asked D his name he told her it was "Sonic". She walked with us for a little while as we were walking back home. I felt bad leaving her to walk alone but I have seen her out before so I know she walks solo quite often. I invited her to come over if she needs some company - she mentioned missing her grandchildren - I hope she stops by sometime when she is out walking.

After our little adventure I made some protein pancakes:

6 egg whites
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder

I just mix it all together and then cook in a pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. The nutrition facts without the cheese and sunflower seed butter are, 280 cals, 3 grams fat, 36 grams carbs, 9 grams fiber, 25 grams protein. I omitted the baking soda and used baking powder only - I think that made the texture more pleasant. I liked the last batch I made but I have to say these came out soooo fluffy. I was reading about b.soda & b.powder in my King Arthur Flour books and b.soda needs an acid in order to reach properly and neutralize or the end result might taste soapy. Since my recipe lacked an acid I didn't want to be eating a soapy sponge for dinner so I used the b.powder instead which has a perfect balance of acid and soda. Therefore, my cakes would not taste nasty but they would puff up nicely. I would say mission accomplished.

I did have a mini soy cream sandwich for dessert - no picture - you have seen them the last few days so I am sure you remember how cute they are.
My honey took over bedtime duties so I could paint the evening away - thanks lovey!!! I feel like my life is all Harry Potterish - these posters & my book. I was dreaming about HP last night after reading my book and my dreams were rather unpleasant - like death and horrible creatures - yikes!!
I promise to post picture of my finished products when I am done - hopefully within the next few days.
That is all for today my friends - time to call this day OVER. Goodnight!

1 comment:

VeggieGirl said...

Ahhh, watch your back!! Literally, haha ;0) Can't wait to see what you're painting!!

Sigrid sounds like a lovely person!!

I'm obsessed with honeycrisp apples - they're so juicy, crisp, and flavorful!!

Mmm, pancakes!