Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mommy made ONE meal

I am marking this date on the calendar - I actually made one thing for dinner tonight that we ALL ate. I usually have to make 3 different meals because the 3 of us eat so differently. I will say that sometimes Charlie will eat what I am eating but not that often.
Tonight I made turkey burgers. I did not add anything to the ground turkey; I just formed the meat into patties. I was hoping that D would eat them so I didn't want to add a spice that he wouldn't like. He asked me to take a picture of his burger. I am very proud of him for eating all but maybe two bites and he didn't even use the ketchup. Of course I had to bribe him with dessert - he had Dreyer's Fruit Bars with the creamy center.

Here is my dinner - sliced apple, Ezekiel bread, melted cheese, turkey burger and the most delicious & fresh tomatoes that came from my sissy and Nana. I drizzled some balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes. The small ones were soooo sweet, mmmm!!!!

For dessert I had a Larabar Jocalat Chocolate Orange flavor. I love the combination of orange & chocolate so I really had high hopes for this bar - it did not let me down.

So here is what I thought about the Kardea Nutrition bar: when I first opened the package it looked like the type of bar that would get stuck in my teeth - not a good thing. You can see in the picture how soft & flexible the bar was. I was pleasantly surprised that the bar in fact did not stick to my teeth and its texture was quite enjoyable. It was a bit like a soft caramel with a little chewiness. I really liked it a lot!!
The flavor was Cranberry Almond which I found extremely tasty. The almond flavor reminded me of Amaretto and the bar contained nice bits of crunchy almonds as well. I could see nice juicy bits of cranberries and real oat bits too. This is a bar that I would keep on hand and maybe even replace my Kashi bars with. Unfortunately they are not for sale in any store in my area at this time but I guess within the next few months I should be seeing them around. You can order online at this time.

This afternoon we had a nice visit with Rocco - the boys played very well. We got to see Mackenzie arrive home after her first day of school - she looked so pretty in her special 1st day outfit. I remember picking out a special getup for my first day - ahhh, the good old days.
Time to catch up on all my fav. blogs and then hopefully read my book for a while. See you all in the AM.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Yayy for one dinner and less stress on the Mom! I heart turkey burgers....its been too long and I must make them again (maybe with some spices ;). Your dinner looks awesome- fresh and healthy!

Caitlin said...

oh man... your dinner looks a lot better than mine!

MizFit said...

IM SOOOOO READY FER THE ONE MEAL!


Miz.

VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for a successful meal, delicious Jocalat bar, and an overall great day! :0)

rhodeygirltests.com said...

yay for little Sonic eating the same meal as you!!! yayyy!