Friday, September 12, 2008

Mommy can't even Cat Nap

I informed my little dude how tired I am today - he is insisting that I play with him non-stop. We played pirates, cars and then moved onto super-heroes. I did have to stop for a bit of chow - an apple and a cheddar cheese stick.

For lunch I was verrrrrrrry boring and not at all feeling the urge to cook anything. I really dig the flavor of plain yogurt & canned pumpkin so I mixed some together with a touch of cinnamon. I also had a piece of Ezekiel bread with PB and a new kind of crunchy treat.......

Newman's Own Organic Pretzels. I saw Jenna snacking on these and I was interested in them because they have 5 grams of protein per serving. I found them at WF yesterday and I was happy to read their sodium facts are not off the charts - one of the reasons why I usually avoid this sort of thing. I am glad that I snagged myself a baggie - a nice healthy snack to have on hand. So I threw all that together and called it a lunch.

I tried to rest my eyes but no such luck. D is constantly talking to me and trying to get me to look at the cartoon that he was watching. Yes I did plop him in front of the TV to try to get a few minutes of rest - hey a mommy needs to do that sometimes. It backfired on me today.
Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

6 comments:

HeatherBakes said...

Those pretzels are SO good- we tear through a bag in like 2 days.

Sorry for the sleepiness :( That "resting my eyes" quote cracks me up- my mom used to say that to us, too. Hope you can get a nap in soon!

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, that's so cute that your "little dude" wants to play!! Hopefully you can sleep tonight though!!

jenna said...

holy tattoos! I want to see more! :) Glad you liked the pretzels...aren't they addicting?!

Sammie said...

Jenna,
I will have my huz take pictures if you want to see them, OK?

Jenna said...

I do want to see them! I have kind of a fascination (I have two).

shawna said...

I wanna see the tattoos too! I bet that one on your arm says Declan? ;)