Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Horsing Around

What a great day!!! My sissy & I took our little munchkins to visit Hallmore Clydesdale Horse Stable in Lakeville, MA. Before we hit the road I ate one of my sampler meals, ate least I hit all of my food groups (there is dried fruit & almonds in the Kashi bar). My veggies were carrots, squash and I stole a handful of delicious cherry tomatoes from my sis. I also had Kashi crackers & a granola bar along with 2 red. fat cheddar cheese sticks.

Now onto the fun part. One of the enormous beauties - they have 22.

Mommy & D hanging with the horses. MMMMM barn stench!!! It really wasn't that bad. This place was actually the cleanest barn I have ever seen. These guys have it made. Each horse has a fan that blows on them when it is really hot, they have automatic bug spray jets mounted on the ceiling in each stall and they get 10 pounds of carrots a day.
Check out the look on D's face - he is a crazy little monkey.

My sissy and the boys. My sis was in heaven - she LOVES horse (and every other animal for that matter). Her dream is to someday have a barn full of horses and other livestock. She even has her Bachelors degree in Biology.

This poor guy was sooooo sleepy.

We even got to meet Harley - I think he runs the place.

They are getting a group of horses together to head to the BigE on Friday. This morning, Charlie and I were just talking about going on Saturday. It is a really fun time - we try to go every year. I asked my sis to come along too. Maybe a fun family adventure will occur this weekend : )
I packed a PB Cookie Larabar which I ate for an afternoon snack.

I was planning a run when Charlie came home so I didn't want to chow down too hard even though I was a starvin marvin. I ate a salad (lettuce, shredded cabbage & carrots, grape tomatoes dressed with Maple Grove Farms) and 2 egg whites.

I also had PB & TJ's reduced sugar Strawberry Preserves on Ezekiel bread. My huz came home and I hit the pavement for an ever so enjoyable 6 miler. It was so nice and cool out this evening - just the way I like it.

After my run I had TJ's 0% Greek yogurt, sprinkled with cinnamon then drizzled with a tiny stream of honey and a chopped up apple.

Aaaaah, time to relax. I have like 50 pages left to read but I think I just want to veg in front of the TV. I might make a cup of Sleepy Time tea - I have a really yummy apple cinnamon flavor. See you all in the AM.

5 comments:

ttfn300 said...

horray for the gorgeous fall running weather!! aww, horseys :)

shawna said...

Aww, love the horses!

We're planning a trip to the BigE as well, but we're going to try and go on a weekday - much less crowded. You are very, very brave going on the first weekend! Either way, it's always a great time. Have fun!

sportsnutritionliving said...

This weather is the best for running... early morning or late evening when it just feels so grat to be out there

VeggieGirl said...

What a great day you had, indeed!!

Gorgeous horses + great run + PB COOKIE LARBAR = amazing :0)

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.