Monday, September 8, 2008

Early Lunch

I think I will be adding a piece of fruit back into my breakfast tomorrow - thanks for all the input. I needed to make lunch as soon as I got back from the gym - I was eating by 11:45. I tend to have lunch at noon or 12:30 - well there was no way I could wait that long today. That just goes to show you how important the first meal of the day is.
For lunch I had a big bowl of veggies & a piece of cheddar cheese - found those at TJ's.

I also had TJ's chili lime chicken burger - these are soooo flavorful, a whole wheat mini pita & banana with sunflower seed butter.

I have a few errands to run this afternoon but nothing to earth shattering is happening at my homestead today. D had a great time playing with his buddy Evan at the gym this morning. I am thinking about trying to do some words with him this afternoon - he told me the other day that he would like to learn to read - hey, why not start now.
Enjoy your afternoon.

7 comments:

HeatherBakes said...

If I ever make it back to TJ's, my first purchase will be those Chili-Lime Burgers. EVERYONE seems to love them.

Good luck with the reading lesson!

*Erica* said...

Chili-Lime Burgers! Yum! Looks and sounds awesome!

I don't think it's ever too early to learn to read...or at least start working on sounds and letters. Good luck!

Oh, hey- found a Whole Foods in St. Louis!! Actually 2! I can't wait to go there sometime. We usually make it there once every month or two. I will have to make my hubby drive a little out of the way, but it will be worth it, I'm sure!

Nope, never tried Larabars. I've seen them everywhere, on everybody's blogs. I would love to try them, but I don't think I've even seen them around here. Looks like they have tons of different flavors, too!

VeggieGirl said...

Banana with sunflower-seed-butter = a personal favorite/ daily staple! :0)

Good luck with running errands!!

Samantha said...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/askhgdetails.php?isid=1457

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I immediately thought I've an article I read a while back about the Chili Lime burgers from TJ's. Apparently the nutrition may not be correct. It's scary but this may be true for many food labels. I just wanted to give you a heads up.

P.S. I LOVE Larabars, too!

Samantha said...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/newsdetails.php?isid=1508

Sorry! I just realized their was an update on the site. Trader Joe's changed the nutrition info since after receiving complaints.

It's still good to remember that if it sounds too good to be true (in this case, tastes too good), then it probably is.

shawna said...

That banana looks so good! I'm going to give sunbutter a try once my almond butter is gone. It will be a while though since I just bought it.

I noticed that you said your skin cleared up quite a bit due to your diet. I no longer have any acne (used to have horrible back acne, but pregnancy cured that...go figure!), but I do get eczema on my hands when I wear jewelry. I notice that it flares a bit when I eat certain things, but can never pinpoint exactly what it is. I know you're not a dr. but just wonder if you came across anything doing your research. Lots of times skin flare-ups of different natures can be aggravated by the same sources. Sorry if this question is "way out there". ;)

Sammie said...

Shawna,
I was having a really bad bout of acne (after D was born)& could not figure out why. My Derm. suggested that I cut out all dairy that was not free of added growth hormones. I have been doing that for over 5 months now & my skin has completely cleared up. I still eat dairy but the label must say organic or made from cows that have not been treated with growth hormones. My sissy has to do the same. Try it for yourself and see what happens, let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.