Saturday, September 6, 2008

Disappearing Photos

Good evening blogland!! I hope your Saturday was great. We had a good time at the b-day party. D had a lot of fun playing with all the kids.

We had something to eat before going to the party - I was not sure if lunch was being served.
I made a baked pasta dish which turned out awesome. I am not usually a fan of pasta but I thought it was worth a try today. I cooked some kamut pasta then mixed it with tomatoes, summer squash, 2 hard boiled egg whites (broken into pieces & scattered throughout), a couple tablespoons of shredded cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I popped it under the broiler until the cheese was all bubbly and brown. The veggies were still a bit crispy - just the way I like them!!!

I also enjoyed a sweet and delicious apple and a tablespoon of almond butter.

While we were out I indulged in some chocolate, in the form of a Jocalat Larabar. The combo of chocolate & coffee was perfect. I am in love with the Jocalat bars.

I swear that my camera is eating up photos on me - my dinner ones have mysteriously disappeared. Thankfully my meal wasn't anything fancy so I can describe it and that should be sufficient. We did some shopping at TJ's after the party and I snagged a box of Chile Lime Chicken Burgers for those times when I need a quickie meal. Tonight just happened to be one of those nights. I ate it on a mini whole wheat pita with a little smear of cream cheese. I found hormone free lite cream cheese today while at TJ's. D said he would eat some too - I'll just have to see if he keeps his word. For the veg. portion of the meal I put some baby spinach leaves on the burger and I also had a small bowl of tomatoes. The burger was delicious. I could definitely taste cilantro which is an herb that I have grown to enjoy. Even though this is a preformed patty - often heavy on the sodium - I did not find that to be the case with this product.
I also had a small serving of Cinnamon Puffins and a banana.

I decided to try Ciao Bella Blood Orange Sorbetto - I love sorbet. This one was not so good. I'm crazy about the Lemon Sorbetto that I can get from Stop & Shop because it has such a smooth & creamy texture. Unfortunately this brand was very icy and not at all smooth. I will just have to stick to the one that I know is worth buying.

I am trying to watch Failure to Launch but my satellite keeps going out due to the HEAVY rain. I was enjoying the movie : (
I'm going to do some blog reading while I wait for the TV to come back to life. I hope you all had a nice day. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Fitnessista said...

ooooh i had the same flavor jocalat today! it was SOOOOO good!
glad the b-day party was fun! hope your satellite cooperates soon- failure to launch is a great movie.
have a wonderful night!

mangotriathlete said...

Sorry the sorbet didn't work out.... but sounds like a good time was had by all at the party! Simple dinners can sometimes be the best, all the individual flavors shine though.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love the Ciao Bella brand. The lemon is so yummy and creamy. Perhaps you just had a bad flavor?