Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School

Today my niece, Mackenzie, starts third grade. I can not believe how quickly she has grown up - she is turning 9 next month. I can still remember being at the hospital and waiting for her arrival. I became an Auntie for the first time and I wanted to spend every minute with her. I now have 3 nephews, who I love very much, but she will always have a special place in my heart because she was my first. Good luck today Mackenzie, I love you!!!

Ok, on to breakfast. I decided to cook the oat bran this morning then add the yogurt when it had cooled a bit. I am pretty happy with the outcome, but I prefer the soaking method. I forgot to prep my bowl last night. In the bowl accompanying the oats & yogurt was TJ's High Fiber O's and a almond butter.

My little man is still asleep, he kept waking up with growing pains. I'm just going to let him sleep a while. After he has some breakfast we will venture to the gym. I hope you all have a Happy Humpday!!

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, good luck to your niece!! And I hope that YOU have a wonderful Wednesday as well!!

HeatherBakes said...

That's so sweet! We're awaiting the arrival of our third niece this fall- they're so fun :)

Hope D feels better. Have a great day!

*Erica* said...

I hope D feels better! We have gone through growing pains with both of our boys. Their were aches and pains in their legs, most of the time in the shins. Poor babies. I would give them a Motrin and let then soak in a warm tub. And, as you know, Mommy love never hurts either! Good luck! Have a good day!

Sammie said...

Erica,
We give him some meds. too, I feel so bad when he is hurting. His pain is almost always in his shins but last night it was in his ankles.