Friday, August 29, 2008

Thin & Crispy

I did some more experimenting in the kitchen this afternoon. I made some very thin and crispy veggie patties. They look more like pancakes today, probably because I used less flour & omitted the oat bran. Today's recipe was 1 cup summer squash & 1/2 cup white kidney beans blended in the food processor until thoroughly chopped. I transfered that to a bowl and added 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon whole wheat pastry four, about a tablespoon wheat bran, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp Chinese 5 spice, 1/4 tsp hot sauce, 1/2 tsp dried basil and fresh ground pepper. I scooped out 3 equal portions onto a Silpat lined baking sheet and baked for 30 minutes at 350. At the halfway point I did end up flipping. I really liked their flavor and the crispy texture was quite yummy. I think that yesterdays patties were a bit more filling so I might make a few adjustments yet again when making these.
I also had a mini whole wheat pita with TJ's Sunflower seed butter, mmmmmm!!!

Of course I made a nice salad with shredded cabbage & carrots, tofu, a crumbled Kashi Chewy granola bar and Maple Grove Farms dressing.

It is so beautiful outside today. I hope we can venture out and enjoy. See you all later.

4 comments:

RhodeyGirl/Irbas/Sabrina said...

I have you on my blogroll list. If that is not ok please let me know at rhodeygirltests at gmail dot com!

thanks, and happy friday!!!!

www.rhodeygirltests.com

Erica said...

I found the sunflower seed butter!!! I can't wait to try it yayyy!

VeggieGirl said...

I love reading your latest kitchen experiments - so fun! And delicious :0)

Enjoy the nice weather, and have a great Friday!

Sammie said...

Erica,
Enjoy!!

Veggiegirl,
Thanks, I'm having fun even if everything doesn't come out perfect. At least it's edible :)
Happy Friday!!