Thursday, August 28, 2008

Overnight Maple Oats, mmmmmm!!!

I made myself a bowl of overnight oats this morning using a packet of Kashi Heart to Heart Golden Brown Maple. Before I slipped into dreamland last night I mixed 1 packet with 1/4 cup water and let it soak in the fridge all night. The oats were nice and saturated this morning when I was making my "slop". Yeah I know, not too appetizing and sorry the picture doesn't do it any justice either but it tasted DELICIOUS. I usually prefer oat bran over oatmeal when making my chilled concoctions because the oats can be a little too chewy for my taste. Well that was not the case at all today - this was perfect. In my bowl along with the oatmeal was plain yogurt - I had less than a cup left :( , Weetabix and a little plop of Sunflower seed butter for good measure.

I have been getting some questions about the Sunflower seed butter lately and I have not posted the brand that I like so here it is. My huz prefers the SunButter brand; both are good, I think this one is much better. I buy it at Whole Foods for about $5. I actually bought it once and then they didn't restock it for months. One day my huz found it again & they have been keeping it on the self consistently. If you want to try it but are unable to locate a jar I can always send some out to you, let me know, this stuff is worth a try.

Well it is just about time to get my tush in gear and start the day. We are gym bound again this morning and then I am probably going to have to pick up a few items at the grocery store. My fridge is soooo bare and mommy needs some yogurt. I hope that you have a wonderful day, tomorrow is Friday!!! Do you all have a nice long weekend? I don't :) - I never get holidays off or weekends for that matter AND I can't call in sick!!!

Question of the day:
Do you have a favorite scent?

I love Patchouli - it reminds me of my mommy. I also love the smell of maple syrup; it totally takes me back to being a kid. I think that is why I enjoyed my breakfast so much today. AND the smell of fresh baked bread wafting through my house is the best too.

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, delicious oats!!

I HIGHLY recommend the following brand of sunflower-seed-butter:

http://www.futtersnutbutters.com/sunflower.html


My favorite scent: Chanel No. 5.

HeatherBakes said...

Haha- overnight oats always taste better than they look... and they taste SOOO good.

Favorite scent? Perfume-wise: Narcisco Rodriguez. Just in general? Baking bread. And brownies.

*Erica* said...

We do have a long weekend, actually. I would probably make it longer if the boys didn't have school tomorrow ;-) But they do and school pics are tomorrow too, so they must go...but no school Monday, so yay!
As far as a fave scent, I'm pretty simple that way. I don't wear a lot of purfume...but I do use a lot of the body spray, I really like the lavendar something-or-other from Victoria's Secret but I'm almost out so :(. Speaking of scents, I have horrible spoiled milk smell in my car this morning. Seriously like a sippy cup of milk has been in there for AWHILE...but I can't seem to find one so I guess I'll just try to air it out!