Thursday, August 14, 2008

My last Day being 28

Yes that's right, today is my last day being 28 - creeping closer to 30, kind of a sad thought, but I feel healthier now than when I was a teenager. Hooray for exercise and eating healthy - definitely keeps me feel young.
This morning I tried the Pomegranite Walnut Crisp Granola Plank, my last plank variety to try from the Honest Foods samples. It was very good - sweet enough to add some flavor to the plain yogurt. I have been omitting my usual mashed banana which I add into the yogurt for that purpose, in order to taste the full flavor of the planks. The only thing I am wondering about is there were whole flax seeds in this flavor & they have upset my stomach in the past - due to IBS. I can handle a tiny bit of ground flax seeds but I typically avoid the whole seeds. I only used 1/2 a plank which probably didn't have that many flax seeds but never know - I will just have to wait & see how my body reacts.
In my bowl this morning was yogurt, granola plank and oat bran. I really like that combination - taste, texture and filling. I know I said this before but the planks are SOOOO GOOOOOD!!! Those there peeps at Honest Foods sure came up with some good eats. I will probably keep a stash on hand from now on. Thanks again Honest Foods for the samples, I am hooked.

Today I am hanging out with Sonic the Hedgehog . Mommy is now Lucario, yes that is what he is calling me today. Sonic & I are going to the gym, but the rest of our day is uneventful. I am taking it easy today after that long venture to Plymouth yesterday. Plus tomorrow the huz is off from work for my b-day so I am sure there will be some happenings then. I am off to find my little prickly pal - or maybe he has decided to transform into some one else by now. Have a great day.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!!! As long as you feel/are healthy 30 won't be that big of a deal.

Fitnessista said...

age is just a number! especially since you look AMAZZING :D
happy last day of your old age! have fun with sonic :D

HeatherBakes said...

Happy early birthday!!! Any fun b-day plans?

I haven't emailed Honest Foods yet, but I'm going to today. I'll keep you posted.

Have a great day!

sportsnutritionliving said...

I hope you have a good bday tommorow and you get to celebrate and enjoy your family!

Sammie said...

Thanks you all for the Happy B-day wishes. I will definitely let you in on the celebratory plans - I am sure my sweetie has something up his sleeve and there better be lots of pampering involved.

Erica said...

Owww Happy Early Birthday! Hope you have a great day :)

Kath said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!