Thursday, August 14, 2008

I came home empty handed!!!

That is right I came home without new shoes. I just didn't find anything that I couldn't live without - my huz is still shaking his head.
I made a big salad for dinner tonight and I actually tried something new. I marinated tofu in 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, dried onion flakes & garlic powder. It marinated all afternoon in the fridge. I decided to cook it in a skillet that I sprayed with non-stick spray until it was browned on all sides. I tossed the tofu in my salad along with lettuce, shredded cabbage & carrots, orange pepper, chic peas, tomato, blueberries, zucchini, almonds and shredded mozzarella cheese. I drizzled a small amount of Maple Grove Farms dressing over the top. It was super duper and filling!!

About 2 1/2 hours later I mixed a 6 oz. container of non-fat plain yogurt with a small banana and some Kashi Mighty Bites. Not really "desserty" but that is what I am calling it for tonight.

Time to chill until my birthday. See you tomorrow at some point - not sure what the day will be like so sorry in advance if my posting is off. Good night friends - the next time we meet I will be 29!!!

6 comments:

loveofoats said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you have an amazing one :)

mmmmmm now i want some mighty bites ;)

VeggieGirl said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday.

Fitnessista said...

dinner looks wonderful!!!

hope you have a fabulous birthday!

eatingbender said...

Yay! Happy happy birthday!

Erica said...

happy happy birthday! Go find good shoes today and buy them- you deserve it!

HeatherBakes said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

You know what makes a great b-day gift? SHOES!

Have an awesome day :)