Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cookie Request

Today the Huz called me from work & said a co-worker had made a special request for some cookies. He asked if I would make oatmeal raisin cookies - one of my favorites. Of course I would never turn down a cookie request. I followed the Quaker Oatmeal recipe located on the underside of the canister lid. I did add 2 cups of raisins (it only called for 1) and I mixed 2 cups of instant oats with 1 cup of rolled oats (it called for 3 cups of whatever variety you would like to use).


They look beautiful!!! My taste tester, Charlie, ate 2 of these big guys - he said that my oatmeal raisin cookies are the best he has ever had. I used to make these cookies for him when we first started dating (almost 8 yrs. ago) - I think that is how I hooked him!! He loves the texture of my cookies (I have a secret to achieve such yumminess).

This afternoon I took D over to play with Rocco. It was nice to visit with my sissy - I really missed her. She is taking her kiddies back to Maine next week - another vacation at Mimi's. For a snack this afternoon I ate a juicy peach with plain yogurt. The peaches I have been buying lately are so good. I am usually not a big peach fan - the fuzzy skin kind of wigs me out - but for some reason I have been enjoying them a lot.

For dinner I made Al Fresco Spicy JalapeƱo chicken sausages - I liked the flavor but a little too salty. I find that my palate is very sensitive to sodium so it tends to over power the flavor of the food some times. I ended up slicing 1 sausage, then I topped a Thomas' English Muffin with some of the sausage and melted cheddar cheese (Horizon Organic Cheese).

For the veggie portion of dinner I mixed 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, about 1/4 cup chicken stock (to thin out the pumpkin), 1/2 cup no salt added canned diced tomatoes and a drizzle of 365 Organic brand hot sauce. I love this flavor & texture combination!

I also sliced an apple & dipped it into a tablespoon of Sunflower Seed Butter.

Then I popped a few grapes - finally full & very satisfied.

I only did a cardio workout at the gym this morning - I was hoping that I could fit in the Turbo Sculpt DVD this evening. I managed to squeeze it in after the cookies were baked and D was somewhere in dreamland. I am all showered and ready to tuck myself into bed. I hope that everyone had a great Tuesday. See you in the morning.

4 comments:

Erica said...

First off, your cookies look way delicious! I love how you altered the ingredients! Second, I think that is so sweet that you bake for your husband and his coworkers- what a great wife!! Third- that vegi mix you put together for dinner looks totally fab! I love pumpkin, but the husband is not a fan so I hardly ever use it :( Thanks for all of the awesome ideas!

Sammie said...

Thanks, but I can not take full credit for the pumpkin & black bean combo - I saw it on loveofoats.wordpress.com. I did add a few of my own ingredients to it for extra spice. I love canned pumpkin - it mixes well with so many things.

Charlie said...

It's true - your cookies were instrumental in convincing me to move out of my mother's house.

Sammie said...

Oh thanks Honey! I know the way to your heart.