Thursday, July 31, 2008

Turbo Jam

Before I get to the fun part of my evening I will recap dinner. I wanted to try pumpkin and black beans after reading the combination on one of my favorite blogs, For the Love of Oats, last night. I mixed 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup black beans (drained & rinsed) with 1/2 cup Low sodium Organic Chicken stock & a few splashes of Frank's Red Hot. The outcome was delicious & quite filling.

I also had a Thomas' English muffin with PB.

To end on a sweeter note, but healthier than my previous days choices (I ate way too much ice cream on Charlie's vacation) I had a cup of non-fat plain yogurt and a serving (as suggested on the box) of Nature's Promise Organic Honey Graham Sticks.

Now the fun part. I ordered Turbo Jam on DVD - yes I am now in heaven. I love the class but I am not always able to make it there in time (Charlie gets home too late) so no need to worry anymore because I can just have my own Jam session right here at home. I had to try it out this evening of course.

Well let me just say it is AWESOME!!! I worked up a really good sweat and I could feel the intensity of the workout even thought I was following a DVD. If you are looking for a great workout that you can do at home then definitely get yourself this.

It is late and I have a little project that I am working on for Kath's most creative oatmeal contest. See you in the AM.

3 comments:

loveofoats said...

ooooooo great idea to add hot sauce to the pumpkin & black beans!!!!!!!! i have to try that :) thanks for the shout-out! have a happy friday!

Sammie said...

The soup I made was so great, thank you for the idea. I am actually thinking of other ways to jazz it up. Have an awesome long weekend!

Erica said...

I <3 Chalene! She is amazing for creating Turbo!