Monday, July 28, 2008

Oat Bran Pancakes

Good morning! I slept in this morning - much needed catch-up. I decided to make myself something different for breakfast and wanted to use my oat bran. I love Kath's oatmeal pancake recipe so I thought why not sub the oat bran for the oatmeal. My new recipe is 1/3 cup oat bran, 3 egg whites, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon. I chopped an apple then softened it in the microwave for 1.5 min. I topped each pancake (this made 2) with the apples, then flipped the cakes to cook on the other side. And here is the finished product........


So delicious, I will be making this again very soon. I could even do a savory version for lunch or dinner - oh the possibilities are endless!!
Last night I mentioned that Charlie was running out for a treat, well he went to Whole Foods and let me just say Whole Foods will never let you down.
He came back with Cyclops frozen yogurt for me. Now I have never had this before but he knows how much love greek yogurt. It is really creamy and honestly it tasted much better than I thought it would. It has a bitter flavor but then the strawberry topping adds just enough sweetness. If you like plain yogurt then this is a good option to try.

He also bought Alden's Blackberry ice cream. I had to sample this and let me tell you it is the best Berry ice cream. Black Raspberry is a favorite of mine so I knew I would love this one and that I did. My honey did a good job!!

Well the morning is quickly flying by - that seems to be happening since Charlie's been on vacation. They are predicting thunder storms later today so our plan of going to Water Country in NH will just have to be delayed a day. Time to get the guys together and see what our new plan is going to be. Enjoy your day.

No comments: