Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mama Wants some New Ink

Hello friends!! I am going to share with you my latest business. My birthday is in a few weeks - yes another year closer to 30 - damn I think I just got another wrinkle and 30 new gray hairs. So the Huz - oooh that makes him sound so bad a**, anyway he asked me what I want. Well mama needs some new ink but Mr. needs a little convincing since my dude charges some serious scratch - that's right I called him mine but really anyone can go to him. Peeps I am an artist and I refuse to go let some stupid head who woke up one day and thought "I will tattoo people for a living, yeah that makes me cool" trace a photo copy of some junky design that half the state of MA has on their person. I go to an ARTIST who actually has a clue what the hell he is doing. Hey if I am going to have something on my body for the rest of my life - I do plan on sticking around this place for a good long time - so my ink can't be trash. It has been a few years since the last one so it is about time I went back for a little self torture. I still have not fallen in love with anything in particular but I know what I want. I am trying to design something with influences from the Art Nouveau era and has a bird or birds in it. I want it to fit on my right shoulder - kind of like a cap-sleeve. I simply will not settle for anything but the best!!! I will let you know how things turn out.

Breakfast this morning was yogurt, oat bran & PB Puffins.

Around 10 I decided to go run my tush off again - well the booty is still there, if I got rid of it the Huz would disown me. He will settle for a flat chest but not a flat a** - hey I need to give him something to roll his eyes around. Just so you know how bootilicious he finds me check out the proof I found on my camera last night when I downloaded my photos. This is what he was doing while I was doing some blading. BTW I did another 8 miler.

I find pictures of my rear end on the camera all the time - he is a sneaky little devil. I am sometimes amazed at the poses he can catch me in - I didn't even know my body did that.

For lunch today I tried a new brand of tuna that I found at Whole Foods the other day. This was so good. The tuna stayed in large chunks and it was not at all fishy. It is a little pricey but definitely worth it.

I mixed the tuna with an apple, 1/4 cup cooked brown rice (it was cold), a mini box of raisins and 1/2 oz. chopped walnuts. Super delicious!!

I also had some raw baby carrots.

The sun is shining and it is a hot one here in good old Bellingham. I am not sure what the rest of the day is going to be like but I know there is laundry to be done - yeah fun, fun, fun I just love laundry - not really. Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ha! That's too funny about the pictures... hey, running is definitely great for the booty.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for your tattoo :)

Sarah said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, I think I stumbled into it from Kath's or somewhere else..

I just wanted to comment on your tat idea. I recently got a kind of "cap sleeve" that I really have ended up loving. it shows up just enough under my tshirt, looks great with a tube top/tank but I can hide it when I need to. I drew mine myself and wanted a traditional mendhi look. Check out the pics!
http://itsokitsokitsok.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-did-damn-thang.html

I can't wait to see what you design! And I definitely agree that its worth to pay a good price...