Friday, June 27, 2008

Wall-E

This is a quick post if this evening, we just got in from taking D to see the movie Wall-E. It was wicked cute - made me laugh a few times too.
For dinner I made a Cornmeal Crusted Tart from Ellie Krieger's book The Food You Crave. I omitted the eggplant - I have tried to like it, probably the only veggie I don't. I made it with oven roasted tomatoes & zucchini that were layered with mozzarella cheese (hormone free). The crust was made of cornmeal, whole wheat pastry flour, butter, oil, salt & water. Overall a very simple dish with lots of possibilities. I am going to play with this one.


Here is my plate with an ear of corn on the cob. I love corn on the cob - this one was so sweet.


For dessert I sliced an apple, layered it in a baking dish, sprinkled on a packet of Kashi Golden Brown Maple and a few tablespoons of water. I baked this in the oven until it was moist then sprayed the top with cooking spray and placed under the broiler till brown. I did sprinkle on almonds (not pictured) just before eating. Not a bad mock apple crisp.


This afternoon I had a Clif Bar, this flavor was really good. It reminded me of a Larabar because it was all chopped up fruit and nuts. I would buy this one again.

I wasn't planning on having more yogurt but this one got damaged on the trip home - of course I only bought one. I didn't want to waste it beside it was a little extra calcium.

Here is the shocker - D is a picky eater, as I have said many times. Well tonight I got him to eat red pepper (he dipped it in dressing).

And a piece of string cheese (I just found a hormone free package). I did have to bribe him with TV (don't judge). He doesn't look to happy about the cheese but he did say it was good and he would eat it again. I won't count on that. I am just happy he ate cheese that was not melted on pizza.
It is time to call it a day. See you in the AM.

1 comment:

seeleelive (for the love of peanut butter) said...

Wow, I have been going through your blog from older posts and D is adorable. it has been so much fun watching him grow up-via blog! i think pumpkin butter w/ no suggar added would be great. my father just bought some pumpkin butter from TJ's. it's delicious but so sweet!