Monday, June 23, 2008

Sticky Evening

Well it is humid here today. The upstairs in my house gets really sticky when we have weather like this. All of our bedrooms are up there so I guess the AC is going to have to come on tonight. I had to use my oven to cook dinner because the grill is still out of commission, which added more heat to my house. So for dinner I made chicken that I marinated in Newman's Own Light Raspberry & Walnut dressing. The chicken was thinly sliced breast meat so I just put it under the broiler. I started marinating it yesterday so it was quite flavorful.
I cut up about 2.5 oz and mixed it with a cup of brown rice and 1/4 cup of cheese.

I also had a small salad for some added bulk. The salad had spinach, shredded cabbage & carrots and summer squash, then dressed with Maple Grove Farms dressing.


I did not have my fix of fruit today so I decided to have a big bowl of blueberries, strawberries and grapes. I also sprinkled a few almonds in there. This is the perfect ending - sweet and healthy.

D is the pickiest eater. He will not eat meat, most vegetables, he only eats bananas, melon and sometimes strawberries, he hates mac & cheese (and most foods that you think of as kid foods) and he will only eat cheese on a pizza. So he basically lives off of yogurt, cereal, waffles, granola bars, bread & jelly (he will only eat peanut butter off a spoon) and pasta with butter. Ok, donuts and ice cream are treats on occasion. Well tonight Charlie was having smoked salmon and D said that he would have some. He has had it before and liked it but then we tried to get him to eat it another time and he refused - he does that ALL the time. Tonight he actually ate quite a bit of it and he kept saying how good it was. So here is proof that my 3 year old actually eats smoked salmon. He refuses to eat grilled cheese and peanut butter & jelly but he thinks smoked salmon is great. I guess he just has a sophisticated palate. (I really think he ate about half of that & he didn't even need to put it on the crackers - he ate it straight)

Now I am off to the bedroom where I can cool off and possibly read for a little while before I fall asleep. I am going to try to get up early tomorrow in order to make it to the gym, we are supposed to go to my sisters in the early morning so the kids can swim - that is if the weather is nice. Have a good night.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That chicken sounds delicous!

Kath said...

wow, 3 year old eating smoked salmon!?!? Impressive!