Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Salad with Sissy

I am finally back home after being at my sisters' all afternoon. D is snuggly in bed, fast asleep, he actually fell asleep on the ride home. I ended up having dinner over her house, we had salads.
My sister has fresh lettuce, here it is before it was made into salad.

My salad had hard boiled eggs, chick peas, grapes, blueberries, melon, pecans, almonds and the fresh lettuce. I dressed it with Maple Grove Farms dressing, my sister actually had my favorite type, it turns out that is her favorite too. It was delicious.


For lunch I had cottage cheese, grapes (a fruity day),



........and a Thomas' English muffin with Mighty Maple peanut butter.



Later this afternoon I needed a snack. I packed a new bar to try, a think Thin Creamy peanut butter flavor. It was good, it reminded me of a peanut butter cup. Charlie is still out so I am still solo, I think reading sounds good. I am going to put fresh sheets on my bed and enjoy that clean linen scent. Good night.

4 comments:

carolyn said...

a question about your running...what type of pace do you try to keep on average when you run??

Sammie said...

Carolyn,
When I run outside I can run between 7 1/2 - 8 minutes a mile, but inside I tend keep a pace between 7 - 7.5 on the treadmill. There is something about the open road that makes me pick up the pace. Thanks for the comment, it is nice to know someone is reading.

heatherbakes said...

Lovely salad- how cool that you can use the greens straight from the garden!

So the ThinkThin bars are good? I'm seeing them everywhere but haven't tried any.

Love the blog :) Glad to find a fellow baker!

Sammie said...

Heather,
The Think Thin bars are good, but they have a lot of sodium for their size and that saltiness comes through. I am not sure if I would choose them over some of the other bars again. I was just looking to try out something new - I like Clif and Luna bars better.