Friday, June 20, 2008

Rainbow and Ice cream

I experimented with eggs this evening. I mixed 4 eggs, 4 oz. liquid egg whites, 2 chicken sausages, red pepper, brown rice, and basil. I then divided the mixture among 6 jumbo muffin cups that I lined with egg roll wraps. I sprayed the pan first and then sprayed the wraps so that they would crisp up. Here they are right out of the oven.

This shows the basil and a the brown rice in the center.

A cross section reveals the chicken sausage and how nice and fluffy the filling was. I had two, they are really delicious. I am going to make them again, of course I will play with the flavors.

I had to have a little more with dinner, I made an english muffin with Mighty Maple PB.

We had to scoot out to CVS and we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of a rainbow. It was actually a double rainbow. This is a pic from my camera phone, sorry I could not get a better one. I should know to always keep my camera with me, especially now that I have a blog.
We also stopped by Shaw's and discovered Ben & Jerry's Ice cream is made without growth hormones, yeah for me. We got 2 flavors - I picked Half Baked Frozen Yogurt & Charlie picked Oatmeal Cookie Chunk. After D goes to bed we are going to have some. I will snap a photo and post tomorrow morning.

This afternoons snack was a Kashi Bar.
I hope you all have a wonderful evening. See you in the AM.

No comments: