Thursday, June 26, 2008

Much better

My dinner tonight was a much better choice than last night. I actually had time to think about what I wanted to make with the ingredients I had available in my cabinets and fridge.
I tried to find hormone free ricotta cheese today but I had no success - this is probably going to take some time as I research various companies. In stead I used cottage cheese in my cheesy, chicken baked pasta. It was a nice change for me seeing as I rarely eat pasta. But as I stated this morning I am in desperate need of some variety in my diet.
The dish contains 3/4 cup (cooked) whole wheat pasta, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 2.5 oz. left over marinated chicken (cooked & chopped), and a sprinkle of basil. I baked it in the oven at 350 degrees till the cheese is melted. I must say I am very proud of this concoction - healthy, filling, flavorful, quick to prepare - so I will definitely repeat, and a good substitute for ricotta.

For a side dish I steamed these cute baby veggies I found at Whole Foods and a few slices of red pepper, they were a nice addition. (I had a tiny puddle of Maple Grove Farms dressing in the bowl.)

For dessert I sliced an apple that was accompanied by a tablespoon of peanut butter.


Time to get D to bed, then I am going to read my book. Have a great evening, yeah Friday is tomorrow. See you then!

2 comments:

heatherbakes said...

YUM! I actually went out for Italian last night and your pasta looks a million times tastier than what I ordered. Good thinking on subbing in cottage cheese!!

Sammie said...

Thanks!!