Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just in the nick of time

I have to say that I was very lucky to snap that photo of the birds yesterday because when I went to pick up my sister I checked the nest and they were all gone. I knew they looked pretty snug in that nest - I guess they were big enough to leave home. Well that was definitely one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
A new addition to my family is a baby duck that my Nana actually incubated from an egg. She actually owns an incubator - this is the only one that was able to hatch. She has another batch in the incubator now - hopefully she will be able to give this little one some friends. It is the cutest thing - it will come over to you if you call it, just like a little puppy. It was playing with the 3 kids and letting them touch him or her (not sure the sex). Here are a few pictures - it is so tiny, maybe the size of the palm of my hand.

For dinner I had some canned pineapple, blueberries, cottage cheese and nuts.

I also toasted a Thomas' English muffin that I topped with some mashed cannellini beans and cheddar cheese (hormone free). Not a good choice for dinner. It did not satisfy me at all. I should have had an afternoon snack, but I was so busy at my Nana's house - giving her a perm then cleaning my filthy child so I could actually take him home without ruining the inside of my truck. By the time I got home I was starving.

I ended up having some frozen yogurt. I found this brand Sweet Scoops at Whole Foods. They say right on the container " That's why they use only the finest, freshest ingredients and milk that is free of artificial growth hormones". This flavor is Mudslide Chocolate Chunk, pretty good - very intense flavor. I also had a spoonful of Mighty Maple Peanut Butter. Next time I need to select a better dinner menu.
If you are wondering if avoiding the hormones in dairy has had any affect on my skin condition I can honestly say my skin has cleared up 100%. I will have Charlie take a picture to prove it. I had such bad acne, worse than when I was a teenager. My dermatologist told me about the relationship between acne and the rGBH hormones, so I have avoided it for 3 weeks and what a huge change. Now I am going get my guys to avoid it as well. For a few extra bucks we all will be rid of that stuff.
I am off to bed, see you tomorrow.

No comments: