Sunday, June 15, 2008

Family afternoon, Saturday evening date and goodbye Sunday

Well my mom left this morning and I am sad. I really wish she could stay longer but she has a life in ME she has to get back to. We had a nice visit but of course it went by too quickly. Yesterday afternoon we had a nice time at my Nana's house. My mom and I took D and my nephew for a walk in a wagon, we played a little pass with the football and we fed the chickens that my grandparents have. My Nana is quite the farmer, she grew up on a farm in West Virginia and continues to do so here in MA. After all that my husband and I went out to dinner at a place in Southboro called Tomaso. We decided to order a few things to share and Charlie had an appetizer. He ordered the Arancini, deep-fried prosciutto and English pea risotto, which I did not have because I cannot eat anything fried. I have IBS and I need to avoid anything cooked in that fashion at all costs. The dishes to share were the grilled tuna loin, Chitarra (Thin, Square Cut Pasta with Homemade Guanciale, Pepperoncini, Roasted Tomatoesand Fresh Basil), and roasted radicchio. I ended up not eating the pasta because it was quite chewy and I did not find that palatable at all. Over all the place was very nice but I think it took me less than ten bites to finish my meal, probably not what you would call a meal. The food I did eat was good, a bit salty, but I am really picky. Charlie loved everything. I also had unsweetened ice tea, which was really good. After that we knew we had to have dessert so we went to Cabot's in Newton. We have only been there one other time but remembered the crazy menu. We order two things to share, a Patriot Parfait (vanilla and strawberry ice creams layered with strawberry and blueberry toppings) and a Death by Chocolate sundae, which pretty much says it all. We had so much fun sitting there at the bar they have and watching the servers make all kinds of crazy sundaes. To finish the night we decided to try to go to Cambridge and listen to a band. We went to the Middle East Club, which was cool but the band was only ok. We ended up walking around up and down the street for a few hours, but it was so nice to hold hands, talk and enjoy each others company. We got home around 1AM, very late for us. Over all I would say we had a wonderful date. I just love my hubby : ).
This morning I had my usual black coffee, plain yogurt and Nature's Path Granola, along with a piece of my mom's home-made banana bread. There is just something about the taste of my mom's baking, I could follow the recipe exactly as she does but mine still will never taste s good as hers.
D gave Papa (that is what we call my dad) and Charlie their Father's Day cards and he told Charlie that he is the best dad ever, so cute. Now I have house work to do and I need to do some grocery shopping. The weather is kind of gloomy but I am enjoy the air coming through the cross breeze in my kitchen. Enjoy what is left of the weekend and give all daddy's lots of hugs and kisses.


Here is my sweet honey- pie


Arancini appetizer
My diner plate (I just love the colors). I am definitely some one who eats with her eyes first. That must be the artist in me.

..........and our desserts.

Sunday Breakfast



For a snack Saturday I packed a Chobani Greek yogurt and another new flavor Larabar. I liked the Larabar but not enough to buy it again, I think I will stick with the Cinnamon flavor I had yesterday. I just started buying the Chobani yogurt because I am having a problem with my skin (acne) and my Dermatologist said it could be rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone) in the dairy I am eating. So I did a little research on some products and found a few that do not use dairy cows treated with the hormone. I came across this one and really like it. I am just hoping that my face clears up.



Saturday lunch: Thomas' whole wheat bagel with tomato and cheese on one 1/2, Mighty Maple PD on the other 1/2, along side a salad with cabbage, zucchini, red pepper, tomato and my home-made honey mustard dressing.


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Okay, I just had to add one more thing...I just read you have IBS; I do too. No wonder I thought you eat a lot like me. :) Anyway, looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend! Your son is a cutie.