Monday, June 16, 2008

Bleach Headache

My house reeks of bleach so bad that I actually have a headache. Here is why, kind of disgusting but hey things happen. Some milk got spilled in my fridge a few months ago, March to be exact. I cleaned the inside of the fridge, where I could SEE the milk, but obviously, due to the cheesy smell coming from it I did not get it all. There must have been some that dripped down inside and now that the warm weather has approached, the fridge has been sucking more air through it and creating more condensation, creating the perfect place for the residue of milk to ferment. This morning I removed the back off the bottom of the fridge to reveal a black mass of funk - so bogus and the smell was gagging. I wiped what I could off the plate under the fan but I couldn't remove it all due to the machinery surrounding it.
So this evening Charlie and I decided the easiest thing to do was to put some mildew cleaner in the plate and let the fan blow the liquid around and hopefully disinfect or defunk the area. The down side is the smell of bleach, but I would rather smell bleach than that other smell of death. This all happened after dinner of course.
For dinner I had a Thomas' English muffin with Mighty Maple PB, cottage cheese (I found an organic brand at the store today that does not use growth hormones), blue berries, grapes and Kashi Golean.



This is the Ham and Cheese Frittata that I made today. SO easy and the ingredients can be exchanged for whatever you are in the mood for, meat, no meat, your favorite cheese, veggies, the possibilities are really endless. Here is what I did: In a medium bowl I took 4 eggs and beat them with a tablespoon of milk, added 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 3 ounces diced ham (from a ham steak) and 1/8 tsp dried thyme. In a skillet, sprayed with non-stick spray, I warmed up 2 cups Ore-Ida Southern Style Hash Browns, 1/4 cup diced red pepper, a small shallot diced and salt & pepper. I added the potato mixture to the egg mixture then I put it all back into the same pan and popped it into a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs were set. I cut it into wedges to serve my sweet. Give it a try, it is quick and reheats well. I wish D would eat eggs because this can cover all the food groups in one shot, but he is super picky, like his mother.


A nice wedge that shows off the chunks of ham and potato.

I would like to try and read tonight. I am reading The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. I am half way through, but I have so little time to read during the day that by the time I do have a chance to pick it up my eyes shut and refuse to open again until morning. Good night, see you in the AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.